Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ella's first painting



Ella really wanted to paint with me today. I went and painted the set of Savior of the World without her. If you go see it I painted the rock, the door, and the Ship (Not that I want any credit or anything).

We painted afterword outside, which is something i wanted to let her do for a long time. She's no Marla. I guess I need more help from Marla's dad on how to coach my kid into awesome abstract painting. Marla was 3. Ella's 2 1/2. I guess we still have time.

Anyway, she had an awesome time. She put so much pink into that paint, that the paint ran purplypink everywhere. She also kept saying "tada" like she was putting on a show for us. I put more pictures on flickr.

P.S. If you don't already notice, that is a very big girl still wearing a diaper. What you don't know is that this is a very stubborn girl who's still wearing a diaper. Any suggestions would be great.
Also I don't want to hear you are a better mom than me in this category, because I already know it's true.

7 comments:

  1. Robyn was stubborn too. I think the only advise I can give is be consistent. I totally am taking all the credit for her being potty trained. After everyday I wanted to scream and never touch a puddle of pee again. Crap, I forgot about Sydney. I guess I have some time with her;( Good luck and I know you are a good mom! Some kids just aren't ready. I know kids that aren't trained until they are closer to 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should read "on becoming potty wise"

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome! are you going to hang that painting? i hope so.

    you are hilarious & quit thinking you're a bad mom. every situation w/ every individual child is different.

    so my advice w/ potty training...just decide to do it & do it. find some panties she loves & a treat she loves & just stick with it. set the timer for 15 or 30 minutes & just put her on the toilet every time it goes off. To get my kids to go for the very first time on the potty so they can get the feeling, we sit & read books while the kid sits on the potty & i feed them pretzels or some other salty treat & lots to drink so they'll actually need to go. also, try to avoid pull-ups during the day if you can. they are basically a more expensive diaper & the kids just think they are for peeing in.

    good luck! keep us updated. i'm thinking about getting started w/ Claire here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am going to let Ella paint on it some more. It's all pretty much the same color now. I know I'm an art snob.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww sweet girl. She is so cute, Lil.

    Oh potty training. Everyone has some theory, program and over-exercised opinion on that subject, don't they? I'm already getting tips and suggestions thrown at me.

    The pediatrician told my mom that he'd never seen a kindergartner in diapers. As long as she had us potty trained by then, then it was all good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't necessarily have any suggestions on potty training. She will do it eventually. Katelyn still won't poop in the toilet. Just be consistent when it is time. Sorry. It sucks and is one of my biggest sources of headaches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, wish I had the patience to let Makaila paint, she loves it but I hate it!!

    Potty training..... I just keep thinking how did I do it the first time and now I need to start thinking about getting Gracee there. And then again with this new one. The only thing I can say is do what works for you, if thats diapers, then do that. But having Makaila not in diapers is so much nicer, she just has to be ready, Makaila was really stubborn too, she refused to go when I made her try. She basically had to want it. Good luck, I did cold showers when she did have an accident, sounds mean but it only took tow times and she hasn't had an accident since!!!!

    ReplyDelete