Monday, April 13, 2009

Ella's Easter Dresses

I made 2 Easter dresses for Ella because they were so easy, well actually I made 4. These 2 dresses are reversible. The other side is vintage sheet prints that are equally cute. Candace would be proud. Every mom who owns a sewing machine should make their little girl this dress.
This is the pattern I used. Instead of cutting out backing, I cut out 2 fronts, and 2 backs. Only 4 pieces!! Sew the sides like they are 2 different dresses, and then you put the two together and sew around the top. Flip it right side out (this can be a little tricky). Top stitching optional. Then hem the two together. Last add buttons.

If I could go back, I would use big sew on snaps and sew them on first (that way there would be no show of stitching on the button. I put a button on each side, and it's a little tricky to button)

I actually think it is just as much work to make it reversible as it is to make this dress period. This should be a two hour sewing project even for novice seamstresses.
My nephew Sam has a matching tie. Made out of some cleverly wrapped together fabric and elastic.

Happy Late Easter Everyone!!

5 comments:

  1. that turned out so cute! you are the queen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cute! Good for you, wish I could sew sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could do that. My friend Kerri made some for her little girl, and she had never sewn before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! and i am proud of you...hooray for vintage sheeting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is adorable! I wish I had a daughter to make this for.

    ReplyDelete