Happy Birthday to me. It's my birthday tomorrow. 28. I figured it's about time I put together a list of things I want to accomplish by the time I'm 30.
1. Show my art in an exhibit. I just started making art a month or so ago. Well restarted since I've been married. I didn't realized how much I missed it. It would be incredibly brave to show my stuff as a professional. I am an extremely critical of what is called art these days.
2. Turn my etsy shop into a real income. This is something I have been trying at for a while. I just need to put in 100%.
3. Learn how to exercise on a regular basis. I suck at exercising. I would love to be slim and tone, I just love chips and movies more than vanity.
4. Plant a garden. I wanted to this before summer, but I was too late. I love plants. I would love to grow my own food, or just flowers. It reminds me of my dad. He was a landscaper.
5. Go see the redwoods. In my married life the furthest vacation I've had is the beach, but just a little bit farther is the place I've been wanting to go for years.
6. Get an Associates degree. Something I've already started, and totally doable.
7. Illustrate a childrens book. I love illustrations. I have been thinking of this for a very long time also.
8. Read the Bible in it's entirety. I've already started this. Some places are a hard read. I've read most of the Bible, but would love to read it from cover to cover.
9. Watch The Godfather. Here it's awesome. I have yet to partake.
10. Get a tan. This might seem lame. I don't get to go out in the sun much. I don't like tanning beds that much. This mostly represents the time I get to myself outside, not watching my kids. I also love the feel of the sun, and with the amount of sun that I get, I'm not afraid of skincancer or wrinkles being an issue.
Some of these things are kinda ridiculous. I don't care, it's my list.
Monday, September 5, 2011
I painted this a few weeks ago. I've found that I really love watercolor. I'll be pretty busy with the art classes I'm taking, so I won't have any time to paint for a little while. I did some pretty awesome gesture drawings in art 101. I turned the best ones in already, or you would be looking at them right now.
I'm pretty nervous about school. I've forgotten how to write an essay in English. I'm ready to fall asleep in my art 102 class. It's at 6 p.m. I'm taking a sculpture class on Saturday. I don't know if I have enough time for that one. They want me to put a lot of myself into those sculptures, so I'm nervous and excited to see what happens there.