Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to me. It's my birthday tomorrow. 28. I figured it's about time I put together a list of things I want to accomplish by the time I'm 30.

1. Show my art in an exhibit. I just started making art a month or so ago. Well restarted since I've been married. I didn't realized how much I missed it. It would be incredibly brave to show my stuff as a professional. I am an extremely critical of what is called art these days.
2. Turn my etsy shop into a real income. This is something I have been trying at for a while. I just need to put in 100%.
3. Learn how to exercise on a regular basis. I suck at exercising. I would love to be slim and tone, I just love chips and movies more than vanity.
4. Plant a garden. I wanted to this before summer, but I was too late. I love plants. I would love to grow my own food, or just flowers. It reminds me of my dad. He was a landscaper.
5. Go see the redwoods. In my married life the furthest vacation I've had is the beach, but just a little bit farther is the place I've been wanting to go for years.
6. Get an Associates degree. Something I've already started, and totally doable.
7. Illustrate a childrens book. I love illustrations. I have been thinking of this for a very long time also.
8. Read the Bible in it's entirety. I've already started this. Some places are a hard read. I've read most of the Bible, but would love to read it from cover to cover.
9. Watch The Godfather. Here it's awesome. I have yet to partake.
10. Get a tan. This might seem lame. I don't get to go out in the sun much. I don't like tanning beds that much. This mostly represents the time I get to myself outside, not watching my kids. I also love the feel of the sun, and with the amount of sun that I get, I'm not afraid of skincancer or wrinkles being an issue.

Some of these things are kinda ridiculous. I don't care, it's my list.

3 comments:

  1. You ROCK, Lil!!! Happy Birthday!!! I hope this year is your best, yet <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Worthy goals, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I just stalked your blog like a big crazy...

    1- Your art needs to be celebrated. People need to see it. It's honest, pure, classical, yet very modern all at the same time. Don't be critical of it.... Besides even if you think it sucks, it's probably the best thing ever.
    2- The Lil I knew 10 years ago was really good at spontaneous road trips to Utah/Cali. Throw your kids in the car and drive out to California. Go see some world.
    3- Ya, you and I pretty much have the same goals. School, gardens, exercise, reading, blah blah... Except I don't have two kids. (I'm lazy.)

    Oh, and happy birthday!

    Love,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete